The Love Yourself Hub ~ A Shelter, A Home, A School
The Love Yourself Project, an ongoing advocacy group which aims to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS is set to open ‘The Love Yourself Hub’on July 8, 2012 (Sunday), at 1850 Leon Guinto St., Malate, Manila (at the back of PWU).
The Love Yourself Hub will serve as a “resource center” for the community especially the youth and LGBT-MSM in response to sexually transmitted infections (STI and HIV) and other sexuality-related concerns. It aims to fulfill the following:
- increase the levels of awareness and knowledge
- counseling and education
- cure and rehabilitation
One of the main key programs is to conduct HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT) with the able support of the Research Institute for Topical Medicine (RITM).
Other programs include the following:
- Establish ‘EQUALITY’ without regard to HIV status, religion, sex, gender preference and culture;
- Provide skills training to other advocate volunteers on HIV counseling
- Educate, promote and manage HIV health through partnerships with other advocate groups
- Empower professionals and other advocate volunteers to administer timely, appropriate therapeutic counseling and safe quality care
- Align with the Philippine National AIDS Council (PNAC), World Health Organization (WHO) and partners to maximize resources
The Love Yourself Hub shall embrace the ideals of its parent organization – the Love Yourself Project by reaching out to the community it serves by propagating ideas and practices that encourage loving one’s self — to DARE to be oneself, to CARE for oneself, and to SHARE oneself as a way to multiplying joy.
In its one year existence, the organization exponentially grew through social networking.
With the able support of a core group of concerned and socially aware youth & LGBT-MSM professionals and supporters with diverse ideas and preferences, the membership has now grown to almost 100 educators and counselors, and over 500 volunteers nationwide from all sectors of society.
The opening of the Love Yourself Hub is just a start of a month-long anniversary special of The Love Yourself Project. Be in the loop by visiting the official site of the organization, LIKE the Facebook fan page or FOLLOW the Twitter account of the organization.